Thread: CD3 New Road Style - The Wagon Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh, and if you insist on saving from CC3, save as a rectangular section JPG. Before saving click "Options" and you can set the resolution of the map. Then click "Save" and select the part of the map you want to save. This way you can get some decent results.

The PDF Creator way is superior however I think (the Profantasy guys are even advising it) as it's faster and it won't crash.

Remember that the larger the map and resolution, the longer saving/exporting will take. My larger maps will take minutes to save and the software will behave like it has frozen. Fun, fun fun
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 04-21-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Apprentice

Thank you.

I'm getting PDF Creator now. As for the map updates, as I make progress and/or run into something I can't work through I'll post. I foolishly decided that my first city map was going to be the capital city and main port of my world map. So I've got multiple sections of the city to populate and hundreds of buildings and farms and trees etc. to put in. I'll be working on it for a while it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithC View Post
    I foolishly decided that my first city map was going to be the capital city and main port of my world map. So I've got multiple sections of the city to populate and hundreds of buildings and farms and trees etc. to put in. I'll be working on it for a while it seems.
    It's probably not a good idea, but I started with my world's capital as well. I learned a lot from that map and from the comments I received on this forum.

Good luck
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...