Thread: CD3 New Road Style - The Wagon Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like the wagon trail idea/effect, I'm wondering if they need to be a little narrower though.

It almost seems like the track is wider than the wall around the town/village.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

Good eye, General. The wagon trail is a 10' wide object. The City Palisade is only 5'.

The width of the wagon trail can be adjusted in the tool properties.

The width of the 'outline' represents the grass area between the ruts. Just determine how far apart the wheels on your cart or wagon will be and add 6" to 1' to account for wheel wobble and deviation of travel.

The width of the tool properties represents the outer width of the two ruts. To make the trail a bit more narrow simply reduce this number a few feet.

After reading your post I reduced the wagon trail properties to 8ft wide with a 3ft center. It looks good without having to change the sheet effects. I think if you reduce this any further you'll need to also reduce the glow radii to avoid what I call, overblending.

Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts.