Quote Originally Posted by NymTevlyn View Post
Yeah... it's soooo hard for the player to roll a d20 and soooo hard for the DM to make up a target number on the spot. I guess there are crappy DM's everywhere that can't handle anything unexpected that isn't covered by the rules anywhere. I guess we should add every single tiny rule that could possibly come up at any point in time in any campaign just to make sure every DM knows exactly what to do.

There's nothing in the rules that prevents you from roleplaying.
Hey there, lighten up! You're not everybody's DM, you got your style and they've got theres. Perhaps its easier for them to work from a table, its not your position to tell them they are wrong or crappy - that's your opinion and keep it to yourself.

This is supposed to be a friendly board - you're not being very friendly.

You obviously prefer 4e, and like to defend from any criticism, there's nothing wrong with your opinion, but there's nothing wrong with Midgard's or Nolgroth's opinion either. Disagree fine, but stop being so condescending, there's no need for that.

If this thread turns into a flame war, I'll recommend that it closes now or be removed altogether. You want to get nasty about it, go to EnWorld or Gleemax. Your attitude doesn't belong here.

Just lighten up a bit. We can discuss issues without getting heated.

GP