Hello everyone, I've been blown away by the resources here and the maturity-level of the forum as well.

I'm a gamer from Saugus, California who likes designing adventures and maps for DnD 4e. I am a hobbyist in the realm of gaming, meaning that I collect a ton of stuff. I've played Gurps, Mutants and Masterminds, Spirit of the Century, Feng Shui, Savage Worlds, and every version of Dnd. There are probably some others there that I forgot.

I also like card games as well as strategy board games. Computer games fit in there too (I'm a recovering WoW-O'holic).

I was a Photoshop user 12 or 13 years ago when I did webpage design as a side job to get me through college. I'm new to Gimp, but some of the techniques are starting to come back to me as I work through tutorials.

I'm currently a teacher of 6th graders (all subjects). I have 3 boys of my own ranging in ages from 5 to 13, so free time is at a premium. I still manage to game, though, about 3 days out of the month, and designing maps for those games is a nice way to unwind in the evenings (preferably with a Bass ale or Guinness close at hand).

Thanks again all of you who contribute here; this is a great resource that cuts through a lot of learning curve for me.