Thank you all for your kind words and advices!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
..and the bridge (is that a symbol?).
No, it is drawn using line and added some effects, like in your tutorials.

Most of the houses look like they were made of wood, is that the effect you were going for?
Yes, having the houses made of wood for the part of the city closer to the forests works fine, I guess. I am wondering now though where did the stone come for the walls, as the walls are covering quite some distance. Maybe this resource is not that easy to find and is more expensive, which can justify why it is used only for the walls / towers. Or should I try to keep using stone/rock to a minimum and use wood for the walls too?

Oh, watch out you don't make houses too pointy, like you did in the southeastern part of the city. That looks a bit unnatural as it wouldn't really be that practical.
You are right, I see now that a lot of intersections have very pointy houses, I will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
Put some huts on the outside of the walls (these are the peasants) and some fields for them to farm then call it done.
You mean outside of the town, right? I should probably use for this the north +/ west area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
Don't over complicate a town unless it is meant to be a city, then make the roads inside the walls into paved streets and give the houses inside the walls some color while saving the brown for outside the walls.
I have no idea what should be between the walls of the castle and the walls of the city in the north. I'm thinking maybe some small barracks and other buildings intended for serving the castle owners - I don't see people living in that part of the city.

Also, do I need a gate in the north?