Thread: WIP - Western Marches [GIMP Questions]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It looks like I am making the mask incorrectly.

On Post 4 it says to use the magic wand tool and click in the dark area. That's great, but it doesn't deal with my internal lakes. So I tried to alternate between the land clip selecting the different 'areas', and then flipping back to the land mask to fill them with white. That seemed to work, but when I save to Channel, it only shows a bit of the image where I last selected.

So I have to leave out an island or a lake or two from my channel. Is there a way around this?

I've attached a screen shot....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post4Problem.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	12799  

Guild Apprentice

To get your lakes, Shift+click using the wand tool to select multiple areas.

Ok! I was able to create my land mask channel!

I got some serious headway, and now I'm on Post 10 ...

I created my dirt layer, although it looks like I've drizzled my land with butterscotch. Does this look right to you folks? I used the settings in the screen cap of the tutorial (174, 2.29, 193).

When I got to the point of marking out my deserts, I picked the brush 'soft light' ... the demo calls for soft white, but it's not an option. I tried to draw on the map to fill in my deserts, but nothing appears to be happening. Where am I going wrong now?

Here's a screen cap ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post10Problem.PNG 
Views:	102 
Size:	895.9 KB 
ID:	12803