Thread: New World WIP - Eurosivarae

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

A minor update for now.

As mentioned earlier, there were a couple areas that I felt were a bit crowded. They didn't really show up until I was looking at the spinning view of the world, so I did a little work on them to see if I could open things up a bit more. I also worked in a few island chains in a couple areas to make up for the land loss. On top of that, I did a bit more continental trimming to break things up just a bit more.

Much to my surprise, I found an area that may become the new Vallee Mystique. I don't recall seeing FTPro produce such an area in the past, but I suspect it is quite likely that such areas have been produced and I simply missed them in the process of cycling through worlds. In any event, it struck me as being very Crater Lake (Oregon) or Mt. St. Helens like, so when I go to re-create the elevation file, I'll have to save this area (detailed in the second image) and make sure it passes through to the next level.

All in all, I'm still generally happy with where things are going and the next step is going to be that re-building process to get a little more variety in the elevation file and, in essence, build up some coastal region mountains and interior flatlands to better represent the concept of continental drift and fault line activity.

GW

P.S. I'll upload the new spinning view upon request for those who wish to see how this round of editing makes things a little less cluttered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eurosivarae_Second_Edit.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	444.6 KB 
ID:	12861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New_Vallee_Mystique.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	405.5 KB 
ID:	12862  
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 05-01-2009 at 06:18 AM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Wip

Lots of editing going on as I rebuild the elevations here, and I needed a brief break from the effort, so I thought I'd see what FTPro thought about the climates from its own point of view. In the long run, and once I have the answer to a question I posted in the Software section, I'll likely do a lot of adjusting to the temperatures and rainfall values to get things looking like I want them as far as world climates go. In the meantime, here's what FTPro thought the climates should look like based on Joe's climate model included with the Terraformer add-on.

GW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eurosivarae_CS_Base_Climates.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	12866  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges