Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion "Kingdom Sheet" (Fellow DMs and World Builders requested)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    So far, these all look like good ideas to me. The only things I have that I don't see here are an "Underworld" structure/hierarchy and I do three levels for raw materials present (like iron, gold, and gemstones for a dwarf land) and three levels for finished goods (like furniture, textiles, and whale oil). I randomly choose one of these things to be the main export and two things as minor exports. I'm half way through a Word document with this stuff so I could put all of this together and finish off quite easily if you'd like me to Notsonoble. I'd do it as a spreadsheet that lists all of the possible government types and whatnot but my copy of Microsoft Office doesn't allow me to use it anymore. Nice link there GW.

Yes please, Also, if you ms office is broken, there's always Open Office

Also, here's that city sheet... in odt and pdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citysheet.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Notsonoble; 05-01-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Might I suggest cross-posting this over at our Alliance sister site The Campaign Builders Guild.
    Well, like when I signed up for here, I'm not receiving an activation email...

Guild Journeyer

I like the sheets you created. The only thing I never liked is that class break down by levels I always thought they were silly and random. Also I never liked the vast majority of commoners being 1st level. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyll View Post
    I like the sheets you created. The only thing I never liked is that class break down by levels I always thought they were silly and random. Also I never liked the vast majority of commoners being 1st level. Just my opinion.
    That's one thing that I tend to adjust based on what I actually expect the city to have... it's still handy to have the list once you've got it squared away though.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    Well, like when I signed up for here, I'm not receiving an activation email...
    I have a feeling that you don't need an activation email - it's a bug on the site.

You know, that City sheet's been in real need of a revamp as well, and now that I've got some ideas started (both from here and else where)... I'm thinking maybe this is where I'm gonna try and step in to the industry from a "professional" point of view. So keep ideas coming, and if someone knows where I should look for either pitching the idea once it's finished, or how to go about publishing something on one's own, speak up.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Start a blog, put it there, and go to every forum you can and hype it up That's kind of evil and spammy but try to do it in a more fluid, under the radar kind of way like a link sig.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ascension: I meant more along the lines of actual sale of a hard-copy product... especially since I seem to have thrown the 2 page limit out the window with the first design attempt.

Well, a single ISBN + Barcode image for printing on a product can be purchased on line, 150 US dollars, they're also sold in blocks of 10, 100, and 1000...(not available online)

The site also says electronic publications need different ISBN's than hardcopies, the site suggests considering how many publications you plan on producing in a 5 year period...

If a block of 10 is less than 10 at individual prices, then taking all the 3.5 crunch out of the city sheet, and finishing my other projects might actually be a reasonable idea...

curiouser and curiouser...

I have a alpha-stage booklet ready it ended up kinda large...

the question is do I post it for comments, or hold it... us it a couple of times myself, and then make changes, and then pitch it to someone who could do something with it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast