Thread: On-line fractal world generator

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

If I were to make a map using Drow's fractal world generator - would I be able to use it commercially? I'm writing a book, and hope to use it as part of my world building tools - that might get thrown in with other materials.. I suppose I'd need to ask, if the results of my seed in the generator would be copyrightable by me, and or.. if I can have permission to use it?
    ((I quite found the generator through Google, and was surprised and elated that he(?) is part of the Cartographers Guild that I'd joined some months ago!))

I like the realistic results that are gathered on the edges of the continents, and they look far more organic than other programs etc that I've tried (Including, drawing them by hand.. it looked like child's play) lol.

I've been working on the map for a few hours now, and this is what I've come up with.. (Lets see if I can upload the map!)

[Add] I added a few more hours of work on the map. The only portions of the map that I think are left from the generator are the continent shapes and placement (for the most part). I was thinking I would have the water texture showing through, but it's been replaced entirely.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aeras-DROWGENERATOR-2.png 
Views:	2706 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	48530
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aeras-DROWGENERATOR.png 
Views:	585 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	48516  
    Last edited by SteamKat; 09-27-2012 at 10:27 AM.