Thread: Maps from my Homebrew DnD Game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

As mentioned previously, most of the play in my game takes place on a single continent. As such I often see need for many additional maps.

One of the things I used to do back when I could still draw by hand was to use tracing paper overlays for my maps to denote various things like political boundaries and whatnot. With Photoshop this has translated to the use of layers and different print views.

These two maps represent my attempts at that.

One a regional map that denotes the major regions of the eastern most portions of the continent of Ruarc. These regions were relevant in the early DnD 3.0 era of my game - I used them to denote what 'regional feats' a PC could qualify for. I have pretty much gotten away from the regional feats, but now they serve to break up my Glossography Books so that I don't have a single huge .docx file on my pc.

The second map you see below doesn't deviate much in cartography style - it is primarily just political boundary map. I will be posting more interesting maps momentarily. Many of them however, are political maps of specific countries, so this is basically presented as a reference point for anyone so inclined.

As always - C&C are welcome and appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruarc - Eastern Regional.jpg 
Views:	1096 
Size:	676.6 KB 
ID:	12985   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruarc - Eastern Political.jpg 
Views:	1152 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	12986