Thread: Maps from my Homebrew DnD Game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome to the guild Katerek.
    What you posted up is looking quite nice. Not a big fan of the font, though. It looks a bit Wild West. All the rivers seem to be in order.

Interested to see where you are going to take this. Have some rep by the way for coming out of the shadows and posting your work
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I really like the shapes of the landmasses, very interesting. Welcome and continued fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Gandwarf -

Thank you! My rivers should be in order, as an armchair science nerd, I am fairly fluent in tectonic and continental geotrends. I have been a large fan of yours for some time now and have greatly enjoyed watching your cities thread. I hope to post a few cites myself soon.

Ascension -

Thank you for noticing! I have really taken alot of time with this map and the shape of the continental masses is something I have labored a great deal over.

In fact, that inspires me to post another.

This is really just a 'zoomed out' view of the previous map. It has no labels or vegetative representation - strictly elevation. It represents one entire hemisphere. I originally drew it by hand on pen and paper - going over it several times until I had the shapes and coastal lines just right. Then I scanned it in to the PC and 'traced' it in CC2. From there I exported it back to a high resolution file and recolored and redrew the coasts a bit in Photoshop. Subsequent modifications were done in photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Novare Hemisphere - Eastern 20090504.jpg 
Views:	1304 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	12983