Thread: WIP - Generic Map of Doom (+1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip WIP - Generic Map of Doom (+1)

Just a relatively simple map, made (mostly) using Ascension's Photoshop tutorial, which can be found here. It's meant to be a bit more zoomed in than his 1 pixel = 1 mile scale, and I somehow messed up the mountains, but whatevs.

I've already seen a few good places to chunk regions: the knob in the middle right, the knob on the lower right, that chunk in the upper right that fades offscreen, possibly the left middle, traveling offscreen. I'm thinking dark forest in the upper left, and since the basin near it is such an unusual formation I imagine it'd have a lot of superstition about it...perhaps it's an unknown area people don't enter? Anyway, the equator would be about even with the bottom line of the image, so this (presumably) is a relatively warm, mostly flat area. That tiny village that I swear I'll finish (that is, start) eventually should be somewhere east of one of the large north-south rivers.

So, lemme know what you think and I'll try to get a politicalesque map written up, and labels for this one, so the features have names.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MappityMap.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	392.9 KB 
ID:	13005  
    Both of my main programs are free! Find them here:
    SketchUp 7
    Kerkythea
    Note that you need a SketchUp to Kerkythea exporter, which can be found on the Kerkythea website.