Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maratha Sahn - The Great Realm of Sand

Also, water is of considerable value on this planet. And it's not easy to get hold of. D:
    I think you should denote where there are water resources or processing plants as these could be key battlefields.

Guild Apprentice

Hey there,

From a total newbie's perspective, it's an interesting map for me, since I'm used to darker areas normally being lower than lighter areas. What really works for me is the orange that you used, along with the green Desolace overlay - the shades make me think that the planet is probably really quite unpleasant, and that I wouldn't want to be stranded there.

I'm curious, what do the darker green bits represent?

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    I think you should denote where there are water resources or processing plants as these could be key battlefields.
    Agreed. I'll make a special legend for Waterplants, I guess. Note that I already had a Waterplant placed on the map, under a Octagon symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaine View Post
    Hey there,

From a total newbie's perspective, it's an interesting map for me, since I'm used to darker areas normally being lower than lighter areas. What really works for me is the orange that you used, along with the green Desolace overlay - the shades make me think that the planet is probably really quite unpleasant, and that I wouldn't want to be stranded there.

I'm curious, what do the darker green bits represent?

The light to dark to represent low and high land respectively was sort of a cosmetic choice. Most mountains or rocky formations are usually in shades of dark brown, in contrast to the sand, so the topographic map kind of follows that.

And yeah, Maratha Sahn is... well, not a pleasant place to stay in. A large part of the planet's surface is outright lethal and cannot be visited for longer spans of time without proper protection and radiation shielding. Other then that, the planet's flora and fauna is minimal, along with a limited access to water. But, the implacable industry of the Octagon Empire demands the resources of this planet, so daring workers and grim soldiers shed their sweat and blood there - which will eventually be recycled.

The darker patches of green and blue are artifacts from my previous map-scheme. You should ignore them.

Thanks for pitching in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12