Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
I like the map, it is really taking shape now. Just make sure that you put a legend that states what the different colored locations and symbols represent.
Thanks! I'll be sure to make a comprehensive legend overview. I kinda just, uh, chickened out from making it just before that update. Being all indecisive about the scheme and all.

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
I think it is ok to mark areas claimed by each empire. You could do it with an overlay that has a high opacity that marks each nation, and then have the highly conflicted ares in a different color. That is unless the whole planet is constantly changing hands.
That's the point. There's a lot of fighting, but not a lot of decisive victories. The battles aren't being fought over land, but over key points spread out over the planet's surface. The Alliance typically abandons and/or strips these key points of their relevant value before retreating to a secure base.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
I think you're making good progress. I just wondered though: What ARE they fighting over, actually? Surely there must be something worthwhile on the planet, presumably natural resources? If so, adding locations of major deposits or mining towns etc may help a lot.
Thanks.

They're really fighting over the planet's abundant uranium-oxides, which is easily found in the Desolace (all the lime-green zones). The uranium-oxides there are so abundant that a man in a protection suit with a shovel could potentially gather enough matter for a nuclear bomb in less then a week.

But you have a point. For any considerable harvest operation, refineries, service bays and such are needed. I.e. large industrial centers. These are valuable for either faction in long term (the Alliance hopes to eventually be relieved by the war in space, and thus being able to employ Maratha Sahn to fuel their spaceships, nuclear weapons and reactors).

Also, water is of considerable value on this planet. And it's not easy to get hold of. D: