Thread: Maratha Sahn - The Great Realm of Sand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Definitely make the background white. Add labels to the "height" legend on the top-left.

The zones of control of the two faction seem a bit random, as you work on the map you should add features that make clear why a certain area is being held (tpowns, easiyl defended valleys, whatever), and maybe rework the zones a bit to have clearer "frontiers", "borders" or "frontlines" (as applicable to your world; you get the idea I am sure).

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Definitely make the background white. Add labels to the "height" legend on the top-left.

The zones of control of the two faction seem a bit random, as you work on the map you should add features that make clear why a certain area is being held (tpowns, easiyl defended valleys, whatever), and maybe rework the zones a bit to have clearer "frontiers", "borders" or "frontlines" (as applicable to your world; you get the idea I am sure).
    I was thinking of a slightly gray background, in fact. The height legend as it is now is just a palette. >_>

Good idea. I must admit, the faction zones are very random at the moment. The ideas I had about how the zone control will work is that the planet is essentially a massive theater, which mostly circumvents the civilian population (which is already pretty low). Most of the strategically important locations on this planet would be viable radar/radio station sites, oases, waterwells and hills with tactical overview of its visual vicinity.

I'll work more on that as soon as I finish up the topography.

Also, thanks Steel General. I hope to show more work, especially 'close in' maps of different locations on this planet.