Thread: First Map - First Post!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post First Map - First Post!

Hey everyone!

It feels good to have my first post written on these wonderful forums with something to show ya guys! I have already found some useful information around and I am sure there's still something more to 'extract', so to say, from here!

Well, this is the first map I've ever created! It took me about 10-12 hours to fully create it. The whole process of creating it helped me a lot in 'mastering' different techniques and achieving my own art style, so I am pretty much pleased with what it turned out to be!

This is actually the World Map for my online RPG Project, in which I am working alone for now...anyway...just in case any one is wandering, I created it using Paint.NET and Auto Realm (as well as a package of fully free of use RPG map symbols, with the permission of their author).
    I've been using Paint.NET for about 3 weeks all in all and Auto Realm...well, I downloaded it 3 days ago.

If there's anyone interested in how is anything made, let me know, I will be glad to share with you guys....

So, here it is...

Any comments and/or critics are welcome... I would be happy to hear some opinions!

Thanks a lot!

Keni

P.S. At the moment I am working on my second map (again for my project) which will be of one of the kingdoms and its surrounding areas!
    Last edited by Keni; 05-05-2009 at 11:38 AM.