Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game world - The Eleventh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Now that's some hardcore sweetness. Great stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks. I just broke my work-desk with my jaw. Which dropped.

Absolutely incredible stuff; did you do that yourself, or was that your team? I am just blown away by the photorealism.
    Regards,

RK

Simply stunning. Love the town square especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Now that's some hardcore sweetness. Great stuff.
    Thanks! :-) Would you be willing to work with us on this project once we have map and material editors and some extensive wiki about the world itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
    Thanks. I just broke my work-desk with my jaw. Which dropped.

Absolutely incredible stuff; did you do that yourself, or was that your team? I am just blown away by the photorealism.
    I've laughed hard after reading that. :-)
    Thanks for the nice comment and yes - I did all of that by myself, except for the lamps, benches and 4 trees in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon View Post
    Simply stunning. Love the town square especially.
    Thank you, I've been working on that for quite a while already and I'm still not very satisfied..
    See the old screens:
    http://the-eleventh.com/files/images...lley_4_PPP.jpg
    http://the-eleventh.com/files/images/rocvalley_5.jpg
    http://the-eleventh.com/files/images/rocvalley_7.jpg
    http://the-eleventh.com/files/images...lley_nacrt.jpg (city plan)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I could but I don't think that I'd be the best choice - I'm not up to snuff on technology and software and the like. I just use Photoshop and a pencil. You'd probably be wanting someone who has knowledge of 3d terrain programs and whatnot. I'd just be a hindrance more than anything.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I could but I don't think that I'd be the best choice - I'm not up to snuff on technology and software and the like. I just use Photoshop and a pencil. You'd probably be wanting someone who has knowledge of 3d terrain programs and whatnot. I'd just be a hindrance more than anything.
    Actually, once the time comes, we will need as many different maps of the world or it's parts as possible. Someone else will take care of the 3D representation of the world, it has to be done very well.. And for the time being, the only map we will need that I can think of is the map of Rocvalley. We simply want to have more than one type of maps. We want old, ancient, crumpled, new, unfinished,... maps. It will give the world a better feeling and I noticed, that your maps look quite different from each other, I guess it also comes from using different techniques. You could also paint several look alike maps that have been created by the same map maker and you can even meet him ingame.. Who knows, maybe he could call himself Ascension.. :-D

Also, since you've been drawing fantasy maps for quite a while, I am sure you are good at describing the world you've created and that's what we need too - game designers. I will let you know when the project starts and you can join by then.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Awesome dude.
    Thank you kind sir, I like your work on the Mars like planet, the fact that you did your own font for the civilization is also amazing.. ;-)
    Last edited by Alfisko; 04-02-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Wow... the architecture in those screenies is amazing.

Love the images with the lighting and the bloom effect. Can't wait to see more.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12