I have just been contacted by Mythic Designs and AvatarArt.com through my MySpace page (which I never visit anymore.)

Though they are looking for a specific mapping commission from me, that's why they contacted me. They brought up another idea as well.

AvatarArt.com creates art and portraits for use in publications and for individual gamers for PC portraits as a primary business. They want to introduce map-making services, but would prefer to work directly with my "company" under Gamer Printshop.

They perceive, however, that there might be more map commission work available than I could possibly do on my own.

Being that that is the case, I approached them with the idea, that I work around a stable of master fantasy cartographers, who together should be able to meet their map commission requirements. So I plan to contact various mappers here (including Torstan and others) as commission workload exceeds my capability.

Perhaps with the idea as serving as a Pro Fantasy Map Studio, with my own team of cartographers that I pass work onto as it becomes available. When I can't handle the commission myself that is. I guess I am sort of creating a business with mapper subcontractors, with the possibility of having work for many guild members.

Thoughts?

GP