Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first attempt

Sorry it's been a couple days since I posted an update. Unfortunately life's been a bit busy. I just wanted to get this up and see what ya'll had to say. I've liked the suggestions so far and I just wanted to show what I've done with the mountain ranges. I think it looks a lot better han what I had.

So let me know what you think and thanks for the input so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain_trial1.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	303.0 KB 
ID:	13277  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Those are looking much better! It's still a little busy, imo, but the variety makes a huge difference.

MUCH better. The difference that that makes is enormous. Lookin' good so far, my man.

Wip

Hello all. I just thought I'd make a quick post with my first draft of a river system. As always thoughts/suggestions are always welcome.

Enjoy,
    Z

Name:	river_trial1.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	13346  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Look fine to me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip

Well I've finally found time to sit down and do some more work on my map. I've removed the towns and roads for now so i could just work on the terrain features. If no one sees any major screw ups, I think the next thing on my to do list would be flesh out the desert area and start working on placing towns and such. I was also thinking of putting in an island group in the northeast cove looking area. So far I'm still completing my goal of only using what comes with Fractal Mapper.

Well I hope everyone enjoys this offering and as always comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Name:	overland test.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	682.6 KB 
ID:	13576  

Wow, starting at the first post and working forward, you have come a long way! Keep up the good work and improvements!
    Last edited by amoliski; 02-10-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Wow dude! That's awesome! I'm completely jealous XP I've just recently gotten into this as well, but I'm nowhere near that level... Keep it up man, you'll be great with practice!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looking great!

Just a suggestion, I would have the water of the ocean the same dark blue as that of the lakes, and also that the mountains still look a bit busy, but MUCH improved from before.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This is developing nicely, the only thing that really bothers me is it seems that the symbol set you are using has a bad case of the 'jaggeez'.

Or is that just a result of resizing it for uploading?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12