Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

It depends on which program you're using it in. I use gimp more than anything else, and gimp remembers the eraser and pen tip tools you've chosen separately. Very handy when sketching

Blog Entries

I have a bamboo and my pen also has an eraser on the other end. With that all I have to do it turn it around and use it like I would an eraser on a pencil. It just uses the setting to which your eraser is set up in the software, even if eraser isn't currently selected.
    I didn't have to change anything in the software to get this to work.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I think the software is my problem. It's a Digipro T-6000U. There's the disk that came with it, and no other drivers available for it. All I find are page after page of people complaining about the lack of drivers. When I open up the Control Panel for the Tablet, it shows the pen: tip is gray as it's not customizable, side buttons are highlighted in blue and can be customized, and the eraser button is lit up as blue too-only I can't click it to change it, and there isn't even a drop-down box TO change it. The eraser does nothing when flipped over to be used and nothing when I press the button. I've even tried holding it down to while sketching to see if that's how they wanted it used and nothing. I'll Screen Shot the window for the control panel when I get home and post it so you guys can see what I mean. Not a huge problem, as it's only an extra click to erase, but still, I'd like it if stuff worked like it should. lol.

Edit: I've done some research and found that Digipro is owned by UC-Logic but they don't even feature it on their site! The only drive update they have is a generic "Tablet Driver" that doesn't resolve the problem.

http://www.uc-logic.com/products/products.htm
    Last edited by vernontwinkie; 10-23-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Info DigiPro T6000U

I want to buy DigiPro T6000U, but as i see there are some problems with driver for this tablet. I spent some time in the web, and I think that drivers for this tablet is avaible not from UC-Logic but from AIPTEK http://www.aiptek.com/drivers/hp6u/ for HyperPen 6000U .
    And I want to ask the owner of DigiPro T6000U will this drivers resolve the problem, or not?
    P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Actually, the problems don't really lie with the driver. The problem with the Digipro T6000U (that I have) is that the "eraser" button isn't an actual button. Past that, the tablet works great. You've found that Digipro is owned by UC-Logic and no doubt you've seen that they don't even acknowledge that they make the T6000U. The driver that they offer is a generic driver for ANY tablet. It's not a bad deal for a tablet, but you may want to go with another model and get the full driver support. FYI: my tablet still works great!

And your English is just fine.

Blog Entries

I just received a Bamboo pen and touch from my wife for my birthday. So far it's been quite interesting, but I've just gone through the tutorial and haven't done anything with PS just yet. I'll let you know what I think. This is my first tablet.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Congrats Imm.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

congrats! i hope you have as much fun with it as i ended up having with mine It really is a whole new world

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Here's what my wonderful wife had waiting for my birthday (Saturday)! Couldn't use my old Intuos(1) anymore because my new computer lacks a serial port so I've been rolling with my Graphire for a while now. The Intuos4 medium is sheer beauty. Also, it came with some PS brushes, and my choice of PS Elements, Corel Painter Sketchpad, or Autodesk Sketchbook Express 2010. I went with the latter two and both are pretty cool.

I highly recommend this guy. The feel is very different and it comes with variety of nibs that I haven't had a chance to try out yet. Some say that the nibs wear out more quickly because of the surface of the pad. Can't comment on that until I use it a bit more. IMO, paying for more nibs is worth the improved feel.

Oh, yeah, she also got me CS4 but I suspect that eats into my Christmas budget Hopefully it'll arrive someday soon...eager to try out that 64-bit thing to see if it's any more efficient.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	19067  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

When you're done with her can you send her my way so that she can buy me a cool new tablet? Kidding. Great stuff, you lucky guy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast