Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Ok, I found it.

The Pen & Touch is smaller area than the "FUN" Pen & touch. That's the main difference.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I just picked up a Bamboo Fun tablet today! It is really neat, and I can tell it is going to take a reeeally long time to get used to it.

Here is my very first doodle which I completed about in about ten minutes about ten minutes ago!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Superman.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	356.7 KB 
ID:	29418  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks...super RE... ... nice doodeling
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hehe, yeah not bad, although i'm thinking that grimace on his face is due to his "junk" being all crushed over to the one side

The "S" came out super and I like the right fist.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh heh, gotta watch where you put your junk or the Junk Police will get ya.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

I have an Intuos 3 and have been loving it. It works well with Windows 7 in Gimp and Photoshop. I also have a Fujitsu tablet PC that has a Wacom-based screen. That is a blast to draw on. There is definitely something to drawing directly on the surface your art is produced on vs looking up at a screen while your arm is down on your Wacom pad.
    My textures, brushes, and design repository: http://www.texturemate.com

At this point, I'm trying to decide if I should hold out a bit longer and go for the Intuos or just get the Bamboo Fun. I'm leaning towards holding out for the Intuos because I would say I'm more artist than mapper so I'm thinking it might be a lot nicer for me. Any thoughts from any artists on here regarding that?

evelynz8735

Ok, I found it.

The Pen & Touch is smaller area than the "FUN" Pen & touch. That's the main difference.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow... this looks nice (and expensive) http://www.creativepro.com/article/r...om-cintiq-21ux - drawing directly on the screen with your pen.... I'd love that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

There's a smaller version that's only $800 or so, the 15wx, I think. I've used both, and honestly, I find the easel-type arrangement uncomfortable. I have a hard time holding my arm up for long enough, and I'm not relaxed enough to do the delicate sculpting work that I use them for. Maybe I need to see about putting the smaller one in my lap like I use my Intuos.

The visual feedback is pretty nice, though, and the 21ux is a decent screen in addition to a drawing surface. The 15's screen leaves much to be desired in terms of color production—I usually have to turn the lights out to work with it, and even then it's pretty low-contrast.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast