Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

used to stand up and paint, but that is a ligther touch than using the pen, so I understand what you're saying. It does tilt low though... gotta try it in a shop someday when I get rich
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I just purchased myself a Bamboo Pen yesterday. What I can gather the best way to learn to use it is simply to practice by doodling or use it on a project? Haven't found any written tricks or hints is that correct?
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

yes, just use it - a good way is just putting away the mouse and ripping out the touch-pad (just kidding on the last one) so you force yourself to use the pen for everything for the next couple of weeks
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

There's a number of games designed for the tablet too, Inkball is one that comes to mind (it came installed in the wife's laptop, part of the vista default package I think), there's also a few flash games that work well - http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/floats.htm is one.

The hardest part is explaining to the spouse that "this is work! I'm trying to acclimate to the tablet!"

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I decided to show the GF the tablet I purchased last night and its ends up that she got a Intuos4 for me for Christmas. Haha I guess I'll return the Bamboo I got. Unfortunatly I'll have to wait until Christmas day as a punishement...
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

always a danger to buy something close to x-mas ... and thats a pretty good gift
    regs tilt

Yeah, that is a pretty good gift.

I've been trying to justify to my wife the need for me to upgrade from my bamboo to the intuos....I've been unsuccessful thus far.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Tell her that it goes with her shoes and makes her butt look nice
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Haha Will do! But shes got me scheduled all Christmas to be her arm candy so there's my payment.
    Cheers, Julien

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    Yeah, that is a pretty good gift.

I've been trying to justify to my wife the need for me to upgrade from my bamboo to the intuos....I've been unsuccessful thus far.
    Well according to their own website the Bamboo is more of a hobbyist's tablet whereas the Intuos is "for the professional". Just because you can kick arse making art with Crayons doesn't mean you should keep using them. In order to become a professional you need to make some money at it. So, if you haven't already done so it may be time for you to charge someone for a commission. That way you have all your bases covered as to why you need to upgrade. "Honey, I'm a professional and I need professional tools in order to keep up."

If that doesn't work you can always say your PC fried last night and you are going to have to buy a new one. Then when she says, "Ok, I guess we need to." Then you say, "Well, my PC is ok, but for half the cost I can upgrade my tablet to better one." I know it's kind of shifty but it sort of puts things in perspective. People upgrade their machines all the time just so they can brag about how much power they have. Ask her if she's willing to do all her writing holding her pen at a 90 degree angle to the paper because that's how you are drawing using a Bamboo. How natural is that? Sure, you can do it but it's not preferred.

Anyway, let me know how that works because then I can try it with my wife She thinks I draw ok with a mouse, LOL.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast