Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whenever they show up, my money is on Mousie!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Tablet!

Oh Taaaaaaa-bleeeeeeeet!

Where aaaaaaaaaare yoooooou?

Maybe this Tablet is related to Ric Flair and is too busy "stylising" and profiling to answer the challenge....

Edit: Dagnabit, that was supposed to be "stylus-ing" stupid auto correct....
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 10-22-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Well from my personal experience the tablet > mouse, especially when you use a screen tablet and the screen has a rough texture.
    The control is way better than with a mouse.

I use an XP PEN ARTIST PRO 22E and I really like it. It's also good as a second monitor.

I was used to Wacom Intuos or even the Bamboo back then. Learning to draw with a mouse is not impossible but there are sweeter
    options in my opinion and when you have the funds to make your life easier: ***do it***

Those are my 2 cents.

Hey there I'm thinking about getting a new tablet for my second computer which runs on Linux. Does anyone have any suggestions? Which tablet runs on Linux?

pretty much all wacom devices will work on linux thanks to the linux wacom project. most of the drivers should already be pre-installed on an up-to-date linux distro. i actually installed debian on the wacom mobile studio pro and it runs quite well. other non-wacom tablets are also supported, some are pre-installed in the linux kernel, others through the DIGImend project.

see here for information about non-wacom tablets:
    https://digimend.github.io/tablets/

There are a few tasks where a mouse makes more sense. I use both. Tablet is vital for pressure sensitivity and ergonomic precision, but a mouse can get you pretty far on a map, if not all the way... you don't NEED pressure if you're doing texture sandwiches and using stamp brushes. Only if you're painting or drawing your own unique elements. Assembly, such as putting text on, I always do with the mouse.

I moved up from a Wacom Graphire 4, to an Intuos 3, to a Cintiq 13HD, finally to a 24 inch CintiqHD that is essentially a permanent fixture and takes up all the space my former multiple monitors might have filled. There are a few models newer, there's the One, the Pro, and the Companion / MobileWorkstation... they are steeply priced but quite interesting... I got mine from someone moving on to a Mobile Workstation, used for cheap because he wanted to assist another freelance graphic designer's path. I appreciate it, strange graphic designer who sold me my 24 inch tablet!
    Last edited by Tiana; 12-10-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I finally took the plunge and bought my first 'real' tablet (I had an ancient Bamboo years ago, but it sucked) - a Huion Kamvas 13. It was a pain in the a$$ to set up, but this thing is flat out amazing. Lightweight, plenty of screen space, and the distance between the writing surface and the actual screen is so tiny that it really looks like pen on paper.

Well worth the money.

Heard good things about the Huion's, been looking at them for a while. How does it feel to use? Because it looks like that is it close to the feeling of pen on paper?

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast