Thread: The Ruined Tower

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just an update. I've played with the stone/rock a bit and I am a bit happier with this now. I think that the greater number of freestanding objects makes it look better, as well as the increased rubble. Also, I touched up the east edge a bit in an effort to make it more consistent with the elevation.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruined-tower.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	648.4 KB 
ID:	13292  

I think the rubble is a great addition, but I did like the way it looked as a pond, fully enclosed by the rocks. But then I wasn't sure if it would look better or not, so I went ahead and edited it in to compare. Though I'm probably fussing over a detail of little importance Anyway, let's see some more of that tower in ruins

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoni View Post
    I think the rubble is a great addition, but I did like the way it looked as a pond, fully enclosed by the rocks.
    Thanks for that mock-up! I am not sure which way I prefer either... not having the pond fully enclosed is still an experiment. I think there are elements I like to both.

Got a little caught up and worked a bit on my issues with the frame of the map. Since the campaign tribe in my little backstory is based roughly on saxon barbarians, I looked up some saxon art. Not surprisingly, its heavy on rope/knot decors much like the more popular celtic art. So I added a simple frame to the map and I like the way it turned out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruined-tower.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	736.4 KB 
ID:	13299