Thread: 'llo, folks. (Pic Heavy Post)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks, all. The kind words are greatly appreciated.

@msa - I like that background texture quite a bit, as I'm sure you can tell by the fact that I slap it under pretty much all the maps. I'm sure there's an easier way with the world-bending powers of photoshop to achieve a similar effect, but I did it the 'old-fashioned' way, I guess. Stained a piece of cardstock with coffee grounds and a few washes of sepia paint, scanned, and dropped it in as a semi-transparent layer, opacity of 25%ish.

@Novarri - Heh, thanks! That is the sincerest form of flattery. I'll see if I can dig up those old dungeon keys, I've got them saved somewhere - Theradyn is the 'hometown' in my current game - building names, descriptions, relevant NPCs, price lists, etc all piled into one reference document for me to use during the game... so the key is something like twenty-six pages long, might be getting more than you want, there.

@ravs - Thanks for taking it upon yourself to do that bit of legwork for me, mate. I appreciate it. I knew that'd be an issue, hence the thread title disclaimer, and intended to muddle through it later today - but you've saved me a good bit of trial and error. In the future, thumbnails for all.

Guild Apprentice

Hey, and welcome to the guild!

Nicely done, they're very pretty and very self-contained, if I can say it that way. They're small enough to not require lots of tiled pages of paper, and I love the clean look of them.

Guild Apprentice

building names, descriptions, relevant NPCs, price lists, etc all piled into one reference document for me to use during the game... so the key is something like twenty-six pages long, might be getting more than you want, there.
    That's absolutely amazing! I wish I had the mettle to sit down and detail all that information, you must run some really in-depth games. And no, 26 pages is never too much, if you want to share it (I fret the tiny details, so any information generally fits into my "want" list ). But...wow!
    Both of my main programs are free! Find them here:
    SketchUp 7
    Kerkythea
    Note that you need a SketchUp to Kerkythea exporter, which can be found on the Kerkythea website.