Thread: Aldamiir

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Revivalofhonor's Avatar

Wip Aldamiir

Alright, this is a city map I am working on for a potential publication. Within the setting, a moon of sorts collided with the planet, leaving behind extremely magnetic rock. With the rise of civilization, the ability to use these rocks in conjunction with water to levitate was discovered and soon small scale flying vessels were introduced. This technology was called Magnatech.

This city is suppose to be the culminating masterpiece of a magnatech architect, and the greatest city of it's kind in the world. For the most part I was told to do what I wanted on this map however a few points were put down.

- The city is currently a City-State and Well protected, but has been fought over and sustained heavy damages in the past.

- At least two Tiers of Floating Sections.

- The city survives off trade, so even though large sections float it needs to be very accessible.

In this case I choose to go with the idea of the city over water, utilizing pipes that run to the river below to feed the magnatech system used to keep it afloat. Below on one side of the river is the original city before the floating sections were constructed and is now a bustling port and the entry point for all trade into the city.

I did several sketch designs, and then went ahead and created this rough design. On it, Red/Blue squares are lift stations(think subways but vertical), Glowing yellow dots are lighthouses for flyers, Big red dotted lines are trade routes. I can't decide how I want to do buildings, or if I just want to color "sections" of the city. I have uploaded the full Map, then each level separately.

Let me know what you think, it's still pretty rough, and would love any feedback that you guys have!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AldamiirRedesign.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	561.8 KB 
ID:	13247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AldamiirRedesignground.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	555.6 KB 
ID:	13249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AldamiirRedesignFloatlvl1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	13253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AldamiirRedesignfloatlvl2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	13254