Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the trouble with gravity

(smiles sweetly)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    How about if you use some of that texture you've used for cliffs at the coast and places it along some of the cracks? This could make it lool like some of the land dropped or raised with the impact. Also, as was said earlier, make some of the cracks wider maybe.
    But, you see, the cracks are just a blueprint for the terrain changes here
    There will be mountains, the cracks themselves will be only partly visible having vegetation growing on and in them, as well as some of them actually becoming rivers, and they will be wider of course

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No problems at all, mate. We're here to help each other.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    No problems at all, mate. We're here to help each other.
    Well, since you put it that way
    Just a small bit of advice - do these drops look natural to you? I have this problem (I'm sure I share it with a lot of people) that I can't be objective after working on something for too long

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deep water.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	13307  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks fine to me, but I don't use CC3 so I really couldn't offer much in the way of technical advice...just general things.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Hi,

If you want inspiration on cracked terrain have a look at maps of Mars. The Tharsis Bulge has all sorts of cracks, fissures and canyons all around it. It is the area around the four largest volcanoes (including Olympus Mons), it is a huge bulge in the crust of Mars that pushed everything up around it (I do appreciate that it's the opposite force to what you're trying to go for) cracking everything.

The easiest way to look at it all would be on Google Earth, the latest version contains links to pictures of Mars, or the Google Mars website (as opposed to Google maps). There are really thorough guides which explain it a lot better though, A Travellers Guide to Mars is my favourite.

Have fun.
    Aiden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12