Thread: the trouble with gravity

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First of all, thank you for replying

Quote Originally Posted by lobsternooberg View Post
    well they kind of look like rivers..... maybe if you made the cracks wider...
    Ah, you see now, that's not how the cracks are supposed to look at all - this is just an overview of how they should run

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    ...Give us a bit more of your thinking...
    Ay ay - I've just read what I've written below and I believe this may prove tedious

Well, I will proceed then. I didn't want to be overly boring, so I've tried to keep things simple (if anyone's interested in details, I will be more than happy to provide them on request )
    The continent was flying (or should I say, suspended in the air) thanks to the presence of the Gate to the Elemental Plane of Air; thanks to the somewhat brutal closure of the Gate, it was flying no longer
    Now, the Gate was closed with help of an Earth elemental, which is important, because this help was responsible for creating most mountains on the continent.
    Why am I explaining all of the above? Because the Elemental fell with the continent and in fact broke its fall a little bit
    The Gate was in the air under the continent and it was the magical qualities of the air around it that was making it fly. The Earth Elemental was under the continent when he closed the gate and it managed to change form when falling to the one of gravel (the smallest one he could do).

I do sincerely apologise for boring you stiff with that and I hope I haven't put you off asking for people's thinking processes
    ...and let me know if the cracks look more realistic now )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cracks advanced.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	13272