Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaniya by Ramah

Guild Journeyer

I've never been a fan of the fake paper effects (like curled edges, rips, and folds) but the detail level on this map is simply astounding.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Umberfane's Avatar

Truly wonderful map!!! The colors and detail provided are impecable.

This is the first map I looked at when I discovered the site. I adore the melancholy colour scheme and fonts you've used, as well as the antique look.

this map is absolutely stunning. made med launch my own project. im wondering however. your mountains.. are they drawn/scanned or did you do them on the computer? ive tried a few different styles so far but havent been able to get anything satisfying. mind im a mediocre artist at best so that might be why. still where there is a will there is a way cheers

I think he did them on the computer. The mountains are even available as a brush set:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-s-Aronbor-map
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

nice. ill have a look. hopefully ill have a WIP up soon myself. cheers on the forum it id very inspiring and thank you for the link now to figure out hot to apply them properly

No matter how much I would try I could never come up with the words to describe this map so I will simple echo what has been posted, Amazing!!! Now I shall clean up my drool and use it as inspiration.

Blog Entries

Hey there,

Someone once asked me, I think it was in the WIP thread, if I could post a version without labels up for use in their homebrew games. I always meant to do so but lack of time and then lack of memory stopped me.

Well here is a version that I hope will suffice for anyone who would like to use it. Feel free to use it for your non-commercial reasons.

(The forum wouldn't let me post the thumbnail).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlankMap.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	29381  
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow..stunning,beautiful...adjectives upon adjectives.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Amazing map!! Love your style and I congratulate you on being the cartographer's choice. Well deserved and I will check out your new maps right away

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast