Thread: May 2009 Entry: Escape from Winter Mountain

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm going to try to get three sections for a downhill sled race done to complete this challenge. I'll try to make them connect smoothly at the end, but for now I'm formatting them in tiles that represent obstacles or encounters.

MAP NOTES: The first is an S turn that the players will need to navigate. The control DC to make the turn is DC 10 for traveling at slow speed (which takes 3 rounds cross the map), DC 15 for moderate speed (2 rounds to cross the map), and DC 20 for high speed (1 round to cross the map). The players need to use their dexterity bonus or 1/2 their riding skill for the purposes of controlling the sled (using the higher of the two). Of course, if they actually have sleding as a skill, they can use that.

ENCOUNTER NOTES: A couple soldiers from the stronghold are on the path about halfway through, having lost control of their own sled which flew off the mountain cliff to the south. They try to either steal a sled from the players or jump on and hitch a ride, increasing the difficulty for controlling the sled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WM-Sled-Chase-1b-WIP.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	400.6 KB 
ID:	13572