Thread: Comparing D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Pathfinder first print run SOLD OUT.

Got an Email from Paizo this morning. The initial print run is SOLD OUT, including pre-orders, pre-orders through distributors and a number set aside to be sold at GENCON, they are all gone. They have placed a new order with intended delivery in early November.

They'd initially planned for this first print run to hold an inventory until December and Paizo says, they had big hopes, but the success so far is waaay past their expectations.

Looks like for the startup at least, Pathfinder RPG is a great success, and possibly a serious contender in RPGs vs. 4e. One can only hope!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

That's great news! I made a pass at selling my 3.5 group on pathfinder, and I think I'll make another one soon. Its hard to beat 3.5 for all the online SRDs (since we play using a VTT) but it sure would be nice to play with a couple bug fixes.

Edit: I just noticed the online SRD posted on the last page! Oops!
    Last edited by msa; 08-04-2009 at 09:44 PM.

pathfinder looks so good.... but I'll likely never get my players to switch over to it .. had a hard enough time getting them to switch back to v3.5 from 4e

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueleader89 View Post
    pathfinder looks so good.... but I'll likely never get my players to switch over to it .. had a hard enough time getting them to switch back to v3.5 from 4e
    That's simple... tell them they have the option of building a pathfinder character... like it was a splatbook for 3.5 don't show them anything else... then once they've all realized how friggin sweet the pathfinder classes are, read the grapple rules aloud... they'll never turn back.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics