Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoni View Post
    1. Visit any of these links:
    2. Choose a country and then an item
    3. Follow the link and then on the top-right you'll find the coordinates
      • Click the globe for a quick overview
      • Or click the coordinates and select a map service of choice (e.g. Google Maps)

Is this what you're looking for or did I misunderstand?
    This is a great tip but when I do it the resulting map is not a satellite one in google maps. Anyway with some fiddling with the URL I can make it go to the satellite version.

If you hack off all the fluff from the URL that is given from wikipedia and just do the ?q= bit with the coord in it then you can easily get to the proper map. Dont know if you guys are getting the right map off the bat but thats what I had to do.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=51.677678%2C-4.920694

I would recommend looking at the castles in Wales, esp Harlech, Caernaefon, Conwy etc

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    This is a great tip but when I do it the resulting map is not a satellite one in Google Maps. Anyway with some fiddling with the URL I can make it go to the satellite version.
    On the Wikipedia page of Castell Coch, do you see the reference to its location at the top-right? Click the coordinates and they'll take you to this site. Then under 'Global Systems' select Google Maps' Satellite version from the table.

Blog Entries

Yeah I know it was supposed to but when I did it then it looked like this. Its probably my machine with its script/ad blocking everything blocking attribs set.

For me it looked like this...