Congrats.

I love reading about different numbering systems then our know BASE 10 system.

I am familiar with (thanx to CCNA) with the binary System (or Base 2), so 100111 = 39, and I just finished reading a Harry Turtledove Novel "A World of Difference. The Novel postulates a 'WHAT IF' Mars was a little bigger than Earth, and actually supported life (intelligent life) that was discovered by the Viking Lander.

The Aliens in the Book (Mars was actually Called Minerva in this Alternate Timeline), known as Minervans were not built on our bilateral symestry by rather a hex symatry (so 6 arms, 6 legs, 6 eyes on Eye Stalks, etc). The Minervans had 3 digits (fingers) on each hand and as a result, had a base 18 number system. Thus numbers were expressed as groups or parts of groups of 18's (Eighteen eighteens of men, 9 18's of days, half an 18 hours from now, etc).

The reason I go into this, is there is a reason we as humans utilise a base 10 number system. With 10 digits (2 sets of 4 fingers and 2 thumbs), we can readily count to ten, and then make a mark and do it again. It is likely how we started to learn math. A base 2 number system (binarry) is equally logical (Present = 1, not present = 0), and in the book I mentioned above, the Base 18 number system also made sense. Even though the author never discussed it, I understood. The Minervans had 6 arms with 3 fingers, 6x3=18. Much like our 10 fingers.

So, I am curious. What was the catalyst for your society to have a base 6 number system?