Thread: [unpaid]Duel Arenas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a suggestion... asking for something free, but also using words like "ASAP" is a good way not to get what you want
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

I would check out our finished map section - try the thumbnails and look through. If your posting the maps on another forum then it might be good to ask the owners of the maps if thats ok. Theres gotta be a few maps in there that fit the bill.

Hi Danbereth!

Following on from Gandwarf...the word 'please' often helps if you want stuff for free. Also please read the sticky about defining what it is you actually want so potential respondents to your request have a better idea of what you require and whether they want to do it for you.

I do understand that BBS's are anonymous places, but everyone reading your post is another human being who likes to be treated as such and not a resource for your own projects.

Being somewhat older and around before the internet was invented, this expectation that people on the internet will do what you want because you demand it is an exercise in futility.

In short, please treat people here as you would expect to be treated.

I think I'll amend the sticky to say that.

Your project sounds interesting, but if you want to engage people in it to help you, you have to first:

1. tell them more about it
    2. tell them exactly what you want
    3. treat them like human beings.

best of luck! (and I suggest you edit your original post and try again)

Ravs

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Some rough sketches also help, they don't have to be great but basic shapes with words that say something like "barrels here" or "pile of junk here". That way the people can see if it something that they can actually do just by looking at it.

Cheers.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps