Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May/June Lite Entry: County of Clether

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nice work, man. I love seeing people learn and experiment and grow. I'm kinda partial to Phatt Island.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip

Oh... wow! You guys know how to make encouraging critics.

Ravells, the things you don't like are exact the things I thought are improvable.
    Problems:

The Scroll is a bit too small to keep all the text I want it for... I don't want to make it bigger now but it's definitely a thing I should consider the next time before drawing.

The frame: Needs a lot of work but I don't think I get the time till voting. I will work on it, though, if I have the time the next days.

The sea lables: I tried it on a curve but wasn't pleased with the result. After your critics I tried again with a bit more effort... I hope it makes a difference.

Oh, and for the labels at all: For the towns and cities I used a Random Name Generator and converted the names (my favourite place is Hinlyenalum, it sounds very ancient), the rivers a dedicated to Monty Phyton and Terry Pratchett and the Isles (at least most of the uninhabited ones) are dedicated to Ron Gilberts Monkey Island (for those who don't know here's the link: "The secret of Monkey Island")
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiteMayjun3-0mitRahmen.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	14003  
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 06-07-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    Avatar by courtesy of Castaras from the GiantitP-Forums

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123