Thread: Blood falls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh yes I'm using gimp sorry i didn't say it says it just under my avatar=)

Thanks for the help with the water, i know about how to get a grid and all and I'll add one later!

Wip

Uh..... Right! next step!

Now I'm Quite pleased with the blood but i think it stilll needs some ripples near the waterfall, Also i quite like how the water fall came out but i think i need to round the bottom bit a bit more to make it look more splashy.

I added a grid, and scaled it up a bit too!

So as usual CC is most welcome! and Apretiated even!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blood falls Big.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	13577  
    Last edited by Lich; 05-23-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the image

Wip

Okay... next step!

I've added some stairs, some rocky textures and what not, some parchment on the background, and some more spray near the blood fall, next step is probably the camps on the main ground section.

CC is Much Apreticated! not much of A WIP with only one comment

Come on folks tell me if this map sucks atleast?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloof falls on Parchmentxcf.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	13610  

Asa work in progress it is looking better and better. Unfortunately I have no idea at how how much GIMP can do, as I use Photoshop.

Some suggestions any way, would be to add some texture to the blood lake and the land outcroppings.

In Photoshop you can use the Patternstamp tool to lay down the patterns. Another cool way is to use Bevel and Emboss and use the Texture setting, then draw in your pattern with the Patterstamp tool and it can give you 3D texture and feel. No idea if or how to do the same in GIMP.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm gonna see what I can do to help ya out here. I use PS as well so I'll try to stay away from filters and layer styles. So far I have been at a complete loss as to what you're going for as I was thinking this looks more like a graphic design for a company logo (which is kinda cool). Gimme a lil bit and I'll see what I can cook up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps