Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
Is this more like you were looking for? I'm not really that good with words, since I'm a visual person, so I drew this and took a screenshot of where I'm at so far. All I have done so far is laid out some basic color shapes then use the dodge/burn tools, some smudge tool, some blur tool, and some black and white paint. I'm going to block in the rocks next before finishing the pool ripples.

edit: put the cliff in (flat brown and again used the burn/dodge/smudge tools), darkened the blood with a color overlay. Been a long time since I've done any illustration work so I'm very rusty, but you can get the idea of how I'm working. If you want to use patterns instead of drawing then I've put some on the lower level (rock pattern, tile pattern and a water pattern on the pool). I also added an outer bevel to the floor to help it rise up from the rock. Choose which style you prefer and then maybe one of the Gimp guys can help you further.
........ that is AWESOME! I have no idea how i can do anything like that and it kind of makes me want to crawl into a corner and die...