Thread: More messin around

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, good stuff.
    Is it me or is the water too cloudy though?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I totally agree G and have been trying to work on a fix but haven't found the right note yet.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Is there a tutorial on the layered mountain technique? I'd love to know more.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

MSA - Pasis and Steel General both have tuts on it while I'm still experimenting with incorporating that technique into what I do.

Here's where I'm at and I think I'm pretty happy with it. Put in the rivers and a large amount of tweaks to just about everything. I might go in and add some shading to bring out the terrain a bit more but I think I'm ready to start labeling this puppy...after some I get some food in my belly and maybe bash some monsters in "Sacred" (gotta step away from the map for a while and then come back and see what I think of it).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	13595  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps