Thread: More messin around

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very very beautiful map, Ascension. Great work!

A tiny nit to pick would be the rivers - I know you draw them in by hand, and they look very nice overall, but every now and then there's something slightly odd.

Around Fellway, for example, one of the inbound rivers is almost parallel with the outbound stream, and quite close to it. I don't see any obvious slope between the two, so I'm getting some kind of conflicting height information there. Also, the number of inbound rivers would suggest a larger outbound river, I guess...

I tried to show it on a cutout of the map, not sure if my description makes sense.

(Edit): Of course, now that I look at the scale, the two rivers are 300 miles or so apart, so it might not be a problem at all.

(Edit again): The more I think about it, the more I regret writing this post. Looking at the unlabeled version, the outbound river is even further away, and not as parallel as I had interpreted it originally.

I pondered deleting it, but I guess it'll serve as an example of what happens when a newb tries to get too clever for his own good. Heh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artheane_rivers.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	14070  
    Last edited by Alfar; 06-10-2009 at 06:41 AM.