The forest has to be fairly open for a combat to take place. Too many trees and there is too little room to maneuver. Especially with horses. I looked over the forest map and realized that horses will make me have to add at least double to the map. Also that is a well traveled part of the forest, right at a main trail.

I COULD make the trees more dense I think, especially if I double or more the size of the map. But I want to make sure and leave plenty of room for horses to maneuver if needed.

I LIKE the idea of the gradient to the roofs. Makes sense as well. Currently I am running on two hours of sleep, so will tackle that when I wake back up! lol I'll post the remade forest map (expect it to be much bigger) and the revised alley.

Originally, I had wanted to restrict my maps to 8x10 inch maps, if possible for the adventure. But that forest map, I just don't see any way around expanding it. The biggest problem with expanding the forest, is I now HAVE to increase the number of monsters.

The plan was the 1st level PCs stumble into a trap and ambush by some kobolds. Now, 4-8 little kobolds could be a threat on a single 8x10 page. I expect I will need 4-8 kobolds per page now, to manage the combat.

And yes, I wanted the PCs to run into both goblins then kobolds in these two encounters. Seems to me, PCs should face classic foes at lower levels, and what is more classic that goblins and kobolds! lol

Actually my tired brain is figuring out ways already to keep them on one map, but extras might be nice to have, just in case! Nets are good at stopping movement! Now, back to Paizo to ask help on a technical rules question this raises!