Thread: [paid]Cosmographer Work Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My random subsector generator code could easily be adapted to make a map based on data you'd provide. I've started prototyping a similar random world map generator (duplicating the classic form as the subsector generator does) which I would also be able to use to make maps to specification. In a few days I should have a good idea of whether or not I'll be able to produce suitable maps.

Regarding raster vs vector graphics: in a nutshell, raster graphics specify the color of each pixel in a fixed-resolution image, while vector graphics are essentially drawing instructions and can therefore be rendered at any size without loss of quality (i.e., without pixelization if you blow up the image). I would be able to provide you with vector-based PDF files, so you would be able to size them however you wanted.

I'll see how my coding goes, and if I'm able to come up with maps of suitable quality (and if you haven't accepted any other offers in the meantime) then maybe we can work something out. The timeframe sounds fine.
    Last edited by isomage; 05-28-2009 at 06:35 AM.
    My random map generators and GIMP scripts: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/