Thread: Mountain Experimentation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Map More experimenting...

Had more time to play around with this...tried stacking a couple of the masked layers. Still up in the air as to the results, but I generally think its pretty decent.

Played around with the foothills and forests some more too. I'm happy with the trees, but the hills still need some tweaking.

Tried some without the pattern and color overlays - it just looked to plastic, though it might make a usable height map or something *shrugs*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mtn-Frst Experiment 3.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	13678  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice Revivalofhonor's Avatar

Hey Steel, I hope you don't mind but I loved the start of your Mountians so much that I had to download the last image and play around with it some to see if I could get peaks the way I like them. I don't know if it is at all what you were going for, but I attached an image showing what I did.

I just did this real quick and didn't have a ton of time to clean it up much.

::EDIT:: After I uploaded this, I put the size on the bevel up to around 40 and it brought out the peaks alot more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountains.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	13686  
    Last edited by Revivalofhonor; 05-27-2009 at 11:53 AM.