Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The East by TheRedEpic

That's an impressive map. A bit busy but not overpowering. Very nice.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't question the rivers as these are done for commission so I assume that the dude who is paying has some reason for them being that way. If there was a wip for it then we'd all point it out. In the end, for me...gray industry pro + finished map = it's supposed to be that way. In my business I always squabble with customers over things but since they're paying I do what they want...if they want orange and purple hummingbirds then I give them orange and purple hummingbirds.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    In my business I always squabble with customers over things but since they're paying I do what they want...if they want orange and purple hummingbirds then I give them orange and purple hummingbirds.
    This sounds suspiciously like my job
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

haha, well honestly, i agree with you on the rivers, they are a bit too black, which is a result of the inking process. I could lighten them up in photshop and make themn less harsh, and i usually do a lighter and kinder river type instead. These were just inked in in the inking process. I'm learning from every piece i do, just like everyone else.

Thanks again for all the comments. I may go back in and take out the saturation from the top of the map since that seesm to be the most disruptive element in the pieces, and has been a major critique point here on the guild for many of my other works...

~Jared

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

We were actually referring to that river that goes from coast to coast and also has big splits that aren't near the coast (near enough to be a delta).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Another River from coast to coast in tThe Empire of the Zaari, but hey, who's counting, right, .

Beautiful Work, nonetheless.
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

lol, yeah i suppose there are alot of coast to coast rivers, but hey, the land is unique right?

Guild Journeyer

Very nice work. Very inspiring.

This is AMAZING! I think, IMO, that this is the best map you've done so far!

Blog Entries

Definitely an eye candy map. I'm glad to hear that Paizo is investing in talent of your caliber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12