Thread: Newbie and his maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the kind words. I will look at changing the red color on the black and white map, however since I am just learning how to use CC3 I don't really know how to change all the words at once. I did notice on the color picture the letters in the words are kinda too close to each other. I will work at changing that too.

Here is the black and white map at higher resolution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Land of Greyon 2.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	13694  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm really not much of a CC3 fan (not your fault, it's the default icons they package) so I like the b&w one as well. I'd change the text to black and then make the mountains and trees and such a dark gray. Looks pretty good, though, so keep at it...once you get the hang of sheet effects things will really blossom. Oh and welcome to the guild, you'll find that we're all here to help each other.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Here is another part of the world made using CC3. I made some mistakes on this one that I have not been able to fix yet. I forgot what type of font I was using and switched in the middle of making the map. Also, the coast line and rivers need to be outlined better. One last thing, I don't know why the mountains are sticking out past the border like that. I will have to delete them and see if I can replace them on the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Malkieri and the Wastes of Narn.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	13776  
    Last edited by booboo130; 05-30-2009 at 07:36 AM.