Thread: Testing a web server ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ok so basically some issues to resolve then. That's pretty usual and ill have a look through the list of connection list and see which bits it seemed to get stuck on. Bit of a shame that because I cant find a connection where its not solid - which is always the way aint it ! It was gathering stuck threads and it seems to be better in that department now so I must just serve the pages and ensure that the browser is told that I have done it and to stop requesting it again.

Did anyone have any opinions or ideas about whether this would be useful and whether this, as an idea, is good for playing in the CWBP ?

If I use a cookie then I think ill be able to keep track of where you last asked for and then if you press left or right then it could determine a new position based on the previous one. That would make the UI much more simple. Not sure how easy that is at this point but it sounds like it should be easy. Or I could keep a list of URL links to the groups playing so you can just click to go to their position. Use something like the members map I host but instead of a new person pin I could make it so that you enter a name and some password and a new position and it changes it. That position could come from the map server so it lines up accurately. So groups update their own position on the global map which would be an always on deal.

Anyways, to those that tried it, thanks guys. I'll have to work on it some more tho.

Edit -- its still running just fine for me. Time to find an Australian proxy I think...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 05-27-2009 at 08:03 PM.