Thread: [taken]-[paid]Continent of Agraan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Post [taken]-[paid]Continent of Agraan

Hey there!

Thanks for taking the time to consider this request. I'm developing a fantasy setting and I'd really like to map out the major features of this continent (Agraan).

Initially I would like to create three maps: One overview of the continent in general terms - not photo realistic, but a nice "artist's rendition" style with basic features on it. The second map would be more like an older medieval-style explorer's map with fine details of New Caledonia (see below), but only vague outlines of the great continent. The last would be a small basic map of the City of Port Warden (the kind that might be included in an RPG campaign, which is what this is for).

Time Constraints - I'd like to have them ASAP. I don't know how long this might take - would "within a week or so" be too outrageous? This is negotiable as I can work around a missing map on June 5th, but would need working maps by June 19th.

Paid - This is only for personal use, and the maps don't need to be too fancy, but I believe in compensating people for their work. PM me with a decent price/donation per map (and maybe some examples of your work) and we can take it from there. This isn't for resale, just personal use, so the artist can maintain all copyright/ownership to their work.

Quality - I'm aiming for what you might find in a nice supplement for a game manual. Something I can print on an 8.5" by 11" page and have it still look nice. I don't know what programs might work best, but I could easily use pdfs (or similar) in terms of digital format.

If those details sound acceptable, fantastic! I've included the specifics and a (very bad) rough map drawn up in MS Paint. (I'm no artist!) If this works out well, additional maps may be requested down the road. (again, all paid work)

Cheers,

Richard

I'll give you a bit of the background to give you a sense of where this is going:

The setting takes place in a time similar to the first exploration of the American continent. More technologically advanced (medieval) settlers arrived, considered the continent (Agraan) barren due to the lack of what they considered civilized cities, and started an (unsuccessful) attempt to conquer the continent. The continent is similar in size to Africa. The war has since ended, but the Caledon empire only managed to secure a small peninsula on the east coast (about the size of Florida). They have named this peninsual "New Caledonia" and the primary defensive town/port is Port Warden, which is at the base of the river which connects to the sea at that point. (red dot)

Predominantly, the continent is mostly a savanna similar to Africa. There is a major river that runs from the mountain range in the north, through the savanna, and to the city of Port Warden. The name for this major savanna region is Abarri At a point in the river, towards the eastern edge of the savanna, two major lakes form - Laka Malawai and Lake Malawasi (smaller/bigger). The river that connects all this is called the Malasa River.

Other features of the continent are the jungle region to the south and the more temperate region north of the savanna - transitioning from savanna to classical European style forests with rolling hills.

There are three major mountain ranges. The cold/snowcapped range to the north, the range that runs down the continent on the west side, and a smaller range that breaks off the northern range and meets up with the northern edge of the peninsula. Where the northern and eastern ranges meet it forms a small bay with a small section of inhabitable land (think colder norway/sweden climate) and the northern range breaks off into the sea into a small chain of islands (the Faroe Islands).

There is a stretch of land on the western side of the western range, this is mostly unknown to the initial explorers, though they have heard of two kingdoms residing there. The southern bit is jungle, and it transitions to more temperate forests in the north. I've included a VERY rough draft of what I'm imagining.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agraan.gif 
Views:	90 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	13719