Thread: May/June Lite Entry: Devil's Head (Working Title)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

The more I look at my rose, the more it bugs me. Perhaps it grates on the cartouche or maybe I've been looking at my map too long and have started to see things that aren't really there. What do ya'll think? Is the compass a keeper or should I come up with something more stylistically attuned to the cartouche?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think something more gray/green like the cartouche would be more fitting color wise...as it is currently it ties in more with the frame. Stylistically, I think something more illustrative, like the cartouche, would fit better as well. Or maybe you could just put something in place instead of the stars on the cartouche itself.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Adept

Well I can honestly say that this map gets my vote. Just gorgeous, even though the style is based on familiar ones we've seen before. The border is just amazing. Well done.