Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
Your map is pleasing to the eye and I think you have a good knack for this. I think the mountain style is a bit odd though. We don't have any mountains here in Florida, yet I find your mountains strangely familiar.
Come to think of it, that may in part explain my trouble with mountains - we don't have any mountains here in Denmark either!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
I agree, very nice. Don't take this the wrong way but I'd throw out the swamps and forests...don't really need them. The mountains still need some work but I don't know enough about Gimp to help ya.
Yeah, the swamp blotch isn't really working... maybe use symbols?

and I guess the trees are way too big compared to the mountains and all, even tough they're just representations. I wasn't too happy with the first kind of forest I got (the first two iterations), so I figured I'd at least try this out. I do want to show the forest being there somehow... Ah well, all in the name of learning

Quote Originally Posted by Alecthar View Post
Those rivers are stupid awesome, how'd you go about putting those together?
Umm, yeah. Wilbur helped me with those. Pretty much just followed the first tutorial for Wilbur, and fiddled with the values until I got something I liked. Then saved to a bump map png imported as layer in Gimp, inverted and thresholded it so only the rivers were visible. Then I added that to my water layer mask, made a selection from the mask and stroked the selection with a single pixel in a new transparent layer and adjusted opacity so it wasn't too hard on the eye.