Thread: Ink and Parchment Style Regional Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Either no glow or a very small one, just enough to "separate it" from the terrain behind it.
    I'll add the various glows to the layer mask on the noise overlay (to remove the coincidental darkening of the glows), then I'll try reducing the opacity on the overlays. I think I'll try to put something cool together for "Nerath-That-Was" to sit on. Maybe like a unfurled pennant flag or something.

I also started putting together some hand-drawn mountains to replace the squiggly lines.

Edit: Made some changes to the map, the pennant thing for "Nerath-That-Was" is ludicrously inappropriate to the style, but it was fun to do and I was bored. I'm still trying to figure out something cool looking to utilize there. I might make some additional thefts from Ascensions Antique Maps...

Oh, and there are cool mountains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MountainsDrawn1.png 
Views:	510 
Size:	940.0 KB 
ID:	13999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ParchmentProgress4.png 
Views:	432 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	14004  
    Last edited by Alecthar; 06-07-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."