Thread: Jasmine Coast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

What are you planning on changing about the map sir? It would look good with some destroyed temples and other things =D

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The mtns are two layers, an outer bevel of chisel soft with a big size and a second layer of inner bevel chisel soft with a small size (plus a color overlay of brown at soft light). The outer bevel looks horrible where the bevel edges meet up, forming a crease, so I put the rivers and forests on top to cover up those creases...it cuts into the sides of the mtns but I didn't really care too much about that since mtns have a treeline anyway. Here's 2 screenies, one before rivers and forests and one after.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen 1.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	14055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen 2.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	14056  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Here's an update, taken a long time to make some icons that I like and then get the colors right. There will be a key, eventually, but for now the red squares are inns, orange dots are dungeons/camps/encounter spots, light blue dots with rings are shrines, purple dots with lobes are towers, yellow-gray squares with accented corners are forts, scattered yellow-gray dots are ruins, and cities/towns/villages should be pretty obvious.

Edit -- threw some fields in, another brush that I made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jasmine Coast.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	14109  
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-13-2009 at 12:46 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Rept.... Really nice work

Blog Entries

Wow, this map is now just as amazing as your last island and I thought that one was your best yet. Awesome stuff. Your ability makes me very envious.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I love the texture you have on the forests. I want to see if I can get that down myself.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Molch View Post
    Jaw-droppingly beautiful!
    Are the little dots scattered throughout the land signal fires?

Again, amazing work!
    Totally agree with Molch! Awesome!